Thinkage C Compilers
Thinkage C compilers comply with the ANSI Standard for the C Programming Language (X3.159-1989), with numerous extensions based on C++ concepts.
The most important feature of our C compilers is their ability to run on architectures that are unfriendly toward conventional C program structures. For example:
- They can run on machines that have word-addressing instead of byte-addressing.
- They can run on machines whose bytes are longer than the "standard" eight bits.
- They can run on machines with segmented address spaces.
- They can run on machines with record-oriented file control.
- They come with sophisticated linking tools that allow for the versatile use of object libraries, shared run-time libraries, and other loader-oriented capabilities.
The list below gives the most recent releases of our various C compilers. All of these compilers are marketed and distributed by larger computer vendors. In some cases, a vendor may have received the designated release from Thinkage but may not have begun delivering the release to its own customers.
- GCOS8 NS Mode C, Release 1.2 -- distributed through Bull HN and Bull SA.
- GCOS8 SS Mode C, Release 3.3 -- distributed through Bull HN and Bull SA.
- MARK III C, Release 3.4 -- available through General Electric Information Systems.