System Requirements for MainBoss Basic
Requirements for MainBoss Basic
The operating system must be one of the following (or later):
- Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 2
- Windows Vista with Service Pack 1
- Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 1
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
Windows 7 Pro is sufficient if you only have one or two concurrent users. If you have larger numbers of users, we strongly recommend one of the Windows Server systems; otherwise, your performance will be very slow.
MainBoss Basic is a 32-bit mode program, but it will run in 64-bit mode.
Some customers run MainBoss Basic under older versions of Windows (e.g. Windows XP), but we do not support these systems.
Disk space requirements:
- The software for MainBoss itself requires approximately 7 MB of disk space.
- MainBoss databases are typically 30-40 MB, depending on the size of your operation.
- Online help for MainBoss CMMS is about 1.2 MB for each language you wish to support. (Online help is currently available in English, French, Spanish, German, and Portuguese.)
- The software and online help for @Requests requires about 1.3 MB.
- The software and online help for WRNotifier requires about 1 MB.
MainBoss uses Microsoft File and Print sharing as its only protocol. It does not use any TCP/UDP ports directly.
Note: MainBoss Basic uses a modified Codebase database. MainBoss can export data from all or part of the database into a format suitable for Microsoft Access or Excel.
|MainBoss users do not require any special privileges to use MainBoss software. Unlike some CMMS packages, MainBoss does not require users to have administrator privileges. (Administrator privileges are required to install the software but not to use it.)|
A Note on Windows XP
Microsoft terminated support for Windows XP on April 8, 2014. Because of this, Thinkage no longer guarantees support for MainBoss on Windows XP systems. We strongly recommend that current MainBoss users upgrade to a supported version of Windows as soon as possible.