The Benefits of a CMMS in Schools
Schools, colleges and universities must maintain office space, teaching space, living space, commercial space, recreation space, and research spaces. In general, schools have the following maintenance needs:
- All such facilities must maintain high standards of appearance, comfort, and safety.
- Maintenance departments must satisfy those who use the facility (e.g. with timely and effective response to problem reports).
- Board members, principals, and superintendents must protect themselves against liability claims from anyone injured on the premises.
How can a CMMS address these needs?
- Preventive maintenance scheduling ensures that boilers, air-conditioning equipment, service vehicles, etc. are maintained according to manufacturers' specs and good maintenance procedures.
- A CMMS makes it easy for workers to find information, including schematic drawings, blueprints, manuals, pictures, equipment specifications, and anything else that might be useful for a job.
- A CMMS can make sure that problem reports don't fall through the cracks. It can also track costs by tenant (when appropriate) to allow for back-charging or to justify costs at contract renewal time.
- CMMS data records exactly what work is done when. This can be invaluable evidence to support you in liability suits, proving that you conscientiously did what you were supposed to.