What's New in MainBoss 2.9, Update 6
The following lists differences between MainBoss Basic 2.9 Update 6 and Update 5.
- Administration —> Database —> Export XML has been improved to fix several bugs in the previous release. If you intend to go to MainBoss 3.0, you must export your data from Update 6, not any of the earlier updates.
- Administration —> Database —> Re-Index has been enhanced to handle some types of invalid data. For example, it will attempt to discard bad data from "memo" fields in any record (e.g. the description field in a work order). Previous versions of MainBoss would simply stop re-indexing if they found this kind of problem. Now, re-indexing may help make the problem go away. (Problems like this are usually caused when people try to edit the contents of database files with some program other than MainBoss itself.)
- Administration —> Database —> Audit can now detect and correct more difficulties with your database.
- Administration —> Archiving —> Archive has better error-handling capabilities. With previous versions of MainBoss, data errors often interfered with the archiving process and prevented the archive operation from taking place. Now, the archiver can recover from many types of errors, and can remove some types of erroneous data from your database.
- All documentation is now available in PDF format.