What's New in MainBoss 2.9, Update 3
The following lists differences between MainBoss 2.9 Update 3 and the original MainBoss 2.9.
- If a user does not have permission to browse work orders, the user will not be given permission to close a work order from the work order record (i.e. the Close & Save button will be disabled).
- The Receiving Report (Inventory —> Reports —> Receiving) now includes the Unit Cost beside the quantity received. This is where the Waybill used to be. The Waybill number is now on a new detail line after the first line.
- The Overdue Work Order report listed work orders whose "Work End" date has already passed (i.e. due yesterday or before). In earlier releases of MainBoss 2.9, the report include work orders that were due on the current date (i.e. jobs that were scheduled to end "today").
- MainBoss places restrictions on the ability to delete records shown in browsers—you can only delete such items if you are logged in to ADMINISTRATOR or to a user who has permission to Reindex the database. However, Update 3 allows all users to delete records which have been created as part of creating other records. For example, if someone creates a Shipment Receipt record from the Receiving section of a Purchase Order window, the same person can delete that Shipment Receipt record using the same purchase order. However, the same person will not be able to delete Shipment Receipt using the Receipt browser unless the person has Reindex permission on the database.
This should make it easier for people to correct mistakes, while still maintaining the security of preventing unauthorized users from deleting information created by someone else.
- The Purchase History report now makes note of Items received but not ordered. For example, if you are recording the contents of a shipment and the shipment contains items that weren't included in any purchase order, the Purchase History report contains a bold-faced warning before any line-item that reports excess items received.