_GTSSEG - mark a Linkage Segment slot as busy.
status = _gtsseg(ptr);
DCL X_GET_SPECIFIC_SEGID ENTRY(1) ALTRET;
- const void *ptr;
- points anywhere into the segment whose slot you want to
mark as busy. "_gtsseg" extracts the SEGID from
- int status;
- is 0 if the slot is not in the Linkage Segment (i.e. not
in the 06000 series). "_gtsseg" also returns 0
if the slot is already in use or if the slot could not be
marked as busy. If "_gtsseg" successfully marks
a free slot as busy, it returns 1.
"_gtsseg" marks a slot in the Linkage Segment as
busy. This ensures that future calls to "_gtseg" and
other SEGID allocation functions will not try to use the slot.
In PL6 programs, X_GET_SPECIFIC_SEGID takes a normal return if
it successfully marks a free Linkage Segment slot as busy.
Otherwise, it takes an alternate return.
- expl nsc lib _gtseg
- general SEGID allocation routine.
- expl nsc lib _frseg
- for freeing allocated SEGIDS.
- expl nsc lib _gtlseg
- for allocating a SEGID that will only be used during the
current invocation of the program (one that disappears
over an OCLIMB).
Copyright © 1996, Thinkage Ltd.