OVERFL - determine if an overflow has occurred.
- is an integer variable which is set to indicate whether a
overflow fault has occurred since the last call to
- an overflow fault occurred
- no overflow fault occurred
OVERFL tests to see if an overflow fault has occurred. OVERFL
merely indicates that an overflow of some type has occurred; it
does not distinguish between integer overflow, exponent overflow
or exponent underflow.
- integer overflow
- the result is left as returned by the hardware.
- exponent overflow
- the largest floating point value (with appropriate sign)
- exponent underflow
- floating zero is returned.
- expl f77 lib anyerr
- for a method of distinguishing between the different
Copyright © 1996, Thinkage Ltd.