DEFIL - create temporary file.
call defil(name, links, mode, istat)
- is a character expression containing the name of the
temporary file to be created.
- is an integer expression that specifies the size of the
file to be created (in links).
- if is an integer expression indicating the type of file.
Zero for sequential, non-zero for random.
- is an integer variable where the status is returned.
- AFT full
- system temp space exhausted
- duplicate file name
- system PAT space exhausted.
DEFIL allows a TSS program to create a temporary file.
Usually, a temporary file can be created with the SCRATCH
option of the OPEN statement. The use of OPEN is preferable since
it will work in batch also.
Copyright © 1996, Thinkage Ltd.