ATTACH - open existing file.
(obsolete - Use OPEN)
- is an integer variable or constant and is the usual F77
- is a character expression which is the catalog/file
descriptor containing the catalog/file string and must be
terminated by a semicolon. Embedded blanks are ignored.
- is an integer expression that gives the desired
permission which is OR'd with any permission in catfil.
- access for read
- access for write
- access for read and write
- is an integer expression
- access file as defined
- access file as random
- open the terminal
- is an integer variable where there status is returned.
The status is either the first FMS status word or:
- "lgu" already open.
- attempt to access terminal in batch
- denied because of insufficient memory
- file name all blanks
- is an array of 380 words to be used by FMS. It may be a
null argument, in which case ATTACH will dynamically
allocate the space.
ATTACH opens an existing permfile. This subroutine is obsolete
and can better be done with an OPEN statement within the F77
Copyright © 1996, Thinkage Ltd.